I got in.

I got a phone call from the director of admissions at the University of Chicago on Tuesday. Since my phone was upstairs and I was not and have learned from experience that I can never make it in time, I let it go to voicemail. She was calling to "discuss the status of my application" with me and asked me to call her back.

Honestly, I was a little heartbroken. I probably didn't meet the requirements and she was calling to let me know what qualifications I was missing or that I was going to be put on a waiting list. I called her back fully expecting bad news.

So when she told me that she "would like to offer me admission to the School of Social Service Administration" I got a little overwhelmed and cried silently. Only I'm pretty sure she could tell and I felt like I could somehow hear her smiling on the other end.