Courage

I like my job so far. However, I really dislike my hours. Three shifts of midnight to 8 am. UGH. I don't think that I would mind the hours as much except that it really sucks to have zero human interaction (Except for on the crisis line, which I don't want to ring because that means somebody is at least in enough crisis that they feel they need to speak to someone in the middle of the night) while the residents are sleeping.

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, I will try again tomorrow." - quote in the office at the shelter that I've come to really like.

18 of my 25 facebook things: (Stored here until I finish it. Which might not happen.)

1. I have curved pinkies. (so do Mom and Caitlin)

2. I get nervous when I'm about to talk to strangers on the phone. I have no problem talking to them face-to-face.

3. I don't believe in karma or that "everything happens for a reason." The world is way too fucked up for that to be true and bad shit happens to good people.

4. I'm happiest when I'm traveling or experiencing something new.

5. I have a habit of un-doing my belt before I even make it into the bathroom. I have to consciously remind myself not to do this in public.

6. I bite my lip and the inside of my cheeks.

7. I feel like I fall down more than the average person.

8. When I was little I used called Caitlin "Cay-in" because I couldn't pronounce the "T".

9. Mom took me to a speech therapist when I was 3 because I hardly spoke. He concluded that I could speak just fine and that I just decided not to.

10. I had a terrible freshman year of college. I had an amazing junior and senior year.

11. The thought of being tied down to a husband and family doesn't sound appealing to me at all.

12. AB was the best thing I did in college. No contest.

13. Marching band and being drum major were the funnest things I did in high school.

14. My feet are flat and almost always sore. My left arch is so much higher than my left that there is a half-size difference between their shoe sizes. This makes shoe shopping annoying.

15. I love coffee and chocolate. And somehow they taste the best when I have both.

16. I've come to really love hiking over the past few years.

17. I love school and being a student and would do it for the rest of my life if I could.

18. My sister and I each have such a great relationship with our mom that it's sort of wierd.

No comments: