Books and adventures.

Books I've read in the last 2 months:
  • Me Talk Pretty One Day-David Sedaris. My favorite Sedaris book so far because it made me laugh out loud the most.
  • A Cook's Tour-Anthony Bourdian. Made my stomach growl constantly. I've decided that it's necessary for me to try clams.
  • You Must Be This Happy to Enter-Elizabeth Crane. Wierd and hilarous.
  • I Was Told There Would Be Cake-Sloane Crosley. I feel like she and I could be friends. She's funny, but not as much as Sedaris and Crane.
  • This I Believe. Essays from the NPR radio show of the same name.
  • The Enemy Between My Legs-Stephanie L. Jones. She's speaking at an event in a few weeks (Take Back the Night rally) that the shelter has organized. Her book is about child sexual abuse and is okay...until she makes the argument that child sexual abuse causes homosexuality. It pissed me off and makes me concerned about her upcoming speech and how AWARE will be represented.
  • Live Through This: Essays in Creativity and Self-Destruction-edited by Sabrina Chapadjiev. A collection of pieces from poets, writers, artists, photographers, playwrights, dancers, activists etc. about their creative and self-destructive tendencies (i.e. cutting, eating disorders). Really good.

I have two books that I requested from the library and am still waiting on and today I bought two other books (that I couldn't find in the library's catalog). I LOVE reading for fun again!

My dream trips/Adventures I want to have:

  • Visit Sindre and the gang in Norway
  • Visit Chelsea in Japan
  • Visit Carrie in Uganda. Volunteer there for a few weeks.
  • Visit Ryan in France
  • Manchu Picchu
  • Backpack Europe
  • Thailand (honeymoon?)
  • Back to Hungry Mother Park in VA with some of the AB Trails gang. (This might happen this summer!)
  • White-water raft again (maybe this can happen in VA!)
  • Take Dad somewhere for his retirement (Ireland?)
  • NYC with Mom and Caitlin
  • Australia's the only continent other than Antarctica that I don't have on this list...so I'm going to have to add it.

Many the Miles- Sara Bareilles

There's too many things I haven't done yet

There's too many sunsets I haven't seen

1 comment:

Carrie said...

oh, megan, i have missed you so.